The Family Relationships Educator and Family School Partnerships Convenor are skilled professionals who work one day per week in our school community.
The Family Relationship Educator and School Based Support Worker (Pastoral Care worker) is an employee of Centacare, Catholic Diocese of Ballarat and works at OLHC each Wednesday.
Working with families to offer support, ideas and advice, either individually or in a group setting, as well as sharing in the sometimes joyous and occasionally difficult task of raising children and living as a family.
The School Based Support worker is also at OLHC to talk with your children about any concerns they may have either at school or at home.
You can contact the worker directly through the school office, through the school principal or via your child's classroom teacher.
The role of the Family Relationships Educator includes:
• Developing and conducting parent and relationship education programs and activities based on current research.
• Providing consultations to parents, teachers and other professionals.
• Providing an information and advisory service to teachers and other professionals who work with parents.
• Promoting Centacare and its activities within the school community.
• Assisting community members, teachers and professionals in accessing information on activities and aspects of parenting, child development, and family relationships supported by current research.
• Providing appropriate information and referral for identified clients.
Family School Partnerships Project
The Family School Partnerships Project aims to strengthen links between the school, families and the community to improve student learning and well being. The project recognizes that the school, families and community play an important role in the development and education of children.
The project is co-ordinated by the Family School Partnerships Convenor, who works one day a week on a Tuesday in our school community and is employed by the Catholic Education Office, Ballarat.
A key role of the Convenor is to work with the school community and broader community to promote, support and organize school based initiatives that build closer partnerships between the school, families and community.
Initiatives developed by the Family School Partnerships project include: